Tips For Retaining Staff in 2015
70% of British workers would leave the UK if they secured their dream job abroad – with nearly 50% being prepared to go as far as the other side of the world!
In order to retain your best employees this year, a series of tips has been put together:
- Discuss Employee Career Ambitions: take the time to understand your employee and be aware of their goals and objectives. The opportunity to be able to develop new skills through training is vital to have on offer alongside additional responsibilities on projects or through mentoring others. Most employees will want to be challenged in order to progress.
- Offer Incentives: Healthcare Benefits, Pension Schemes and even Gym Memberships can be great ways to incentivise your staff to stick with you. Most employees will appreciate a well-rounded rewards package that accommodates their individual needs – it isn’t always all about the money.
- Flexible Working: to ensure employees work with the highest level of productivity, employers should ensure that their employees have a better work/life balance. Occasionally this will mean offering staff alternative work arrangements such as flexible hours and family leave options. If your employees believe you have their best interests at heart, they are unlikely to start looking elsewhere.
- Learn What Motivates Your Staff: motivation is key to productivity and job satisfaction. However, it is important to recognise that different people are motivated by different things. Finding out what these are can usually be done by talking to your staff; it will then be easier to keep them happy.
- Create a Healthy Work Environment: employees spend the majority of their week within your work environment – therefore in order to ensure that staff turn up to work happier and enjoy their role, the appearance of the workspace, location of the office and equipment and facilities on offer should all be addressed.