Marketing Manager Job in Ferndown – Fixed term 12 month Maternity Cover Contract
You’re an experienced Marketing Manager who loves the actual implementation part of marketing, rather than just setting top-level strategy. You’re hands on, creative and enjoy leading a small team. You’re looking for somewhere where you can work closely with account managers and clients directly to add value. You feel that a handover is important and will value the onboarding you’ll receive from the current Head of HR who is going on maternity leave in late March/April.
What you’ll be doing as Marketing Manager
- The strategy is already set and in place for the year, but you will be managing the implementation of it. You’ll lead two marketing executives, one who has been with the business for years, and a new person to mould and develop. Two ends of the spectrum, keeping it interesting!
- While the business is also exploring new avenues and clients, you’ll also be focusing on the top 3 – 4 clients in the business, managing assets for them while assisting with new product launches.
- You’ll have adhoc requests from the sales team who will want your creative input – you’ll need to manage their expectations and the workload to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- You’ll also take ownership of budget management, ensuring it aligns to the plan, and watching the numbers carefully.
What’s in it for you?
You can continue to develop your career somewhere where training and growth is actively encouraged. A contract role with a strong handover will give you new skills, experience and show you are a flexible Marketing Manager, able to turn your hand to just about anything, showing you as a valuable addition to any company. You’ll be part of a small team of just under 20 so you can really make an impact and not be a cog in the machine. You’ll also of course have access to all the usual benefits.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team
- Confident in speaking to senior managers to present ideas and discuss current plans
- Understanding or experience of budget management
Salary & Details for the Marketing Manager role:
- £30 – 34,000 per annum
- Annual bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday increasing with service
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office and 2 days at home
- Sit stand desks in the office
- Company pension scheme
- Laptop and mobile
- Travel insurance
- Free parking on site
- Quarterly company socials and town halls
- Opportunity to be involved in company charity activities
If you are interested in this Marketing Manager job in Ferndown, please click ‘apply now’, or give us a call and ask for Laura. We will discuss your experience in more detail, give you more insight into the role and company and put forward an application on your behalf. This will be a two-stage interview process where you will mean your direct line manager in the first interview, and then other senior team members in the 2nd. And of course, we’ll give you help and support along the way.
If this Marketing Manager position isn’t quite right, please click here to see our other Jobs in Bournemouth, Dorset & Hampshire.
Job Search Tips:
Dovetail Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Agency in Bournemouth. Follow us to keep up to date with The South’s Job Market Report, Recruitment in Hampshire & Dorset + HR news, as well as our latest jobs, career tips + everything else related to your working world.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.
Sales and marketing recruitment specialists covering Dorset and Hampshire
If you are looking for a recruitment consultant to find you the best possible job in Dorset or Hampshire, you're in the right place. Our team of recruitment consultants at Dovetail Recruitment have been recruiting for sales and marketing roles for Dorset and Hampshire based companies for over 20 years.
Each consultant at Dovetail has excellent experience with Sales & Marketing Recruitment and we have looked after many roles including: Account Management, Business Development, Product Development, Product Management, Traditional Marketing, Digital Marketing, E-commerce and Sales Support.
As a boutique recruitment agency in Hampshire & Dorset we offer a very personal service and are committed to finding the perfect role for you. We know our clients and the local Dorset and Hampshire recruitment market very well. We take a proactive approach for all of our candidates, this alongside our knowledge and relationships with local companies means we can help you find your perfect job.