Dovetail Recruitment are excited to be working with an established but quickly growing business in Poole. The company are a wholesaler and distributor of thousands of beautiful products, and have an entrepreneurial spirit at their core. We have a unique opportunity to join the business at a pivotal time as a Stock Controller and join them on their journey of growth.
As the Stock Controller, you will be establishing procurement strategies, optimising stock investment, inventory management, and maintaining the already strong and established relationships with suppliers. This is a fundamental role to continue and enhance this business’ growth while maintaining the already excellent service levels.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Stock Controller include:
- Develop and implement effective stock control strategies and procedures to ensure optimal inventory levels.
- Monitor stock levels, analyse demand patterns, and forecast future inventory requirements.
- Coordinate with the CEO and various departments to gather stock requirements and ensure timely fulfilment of orders.
- Conduct regular audits of stock to identify discrepancies, minimise losses, and maintain accurate inventory records.
- Collaborate with suppliers to negotiate favourable terms, prices, and delivery schedules.
- Evaluate supplier performance, review contracts, and manage supplier relationships to ensure high-quality products.
- Source new and alternative suppliers as needed and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Create and manage budgets for stock control and procurement activities with the finance team
- Managing data input staff and inputting data including but not limited to E-commerce and ERP systems (Collaborate with Marketing manager to ensure products are inputted correctly and with the SEO tags).
- Assisting with the receipt of jewellery goods in, adding stock to the system and locating it correctly
- Generating and seeking approval of purchase orders for new and replenished products.
- The monitoring and tracking of shipments, seeking solutions to deal with any delays and timely communication of delays with other departments
- Develop and implement inventory tracking systems, including the use of appropriate software tools.
- Train and mentor staff members involved in stock control and procurement activities.
Minimum Requirements for the Stock Controller:
- Strong inventory management skills
- Experience with international logistics and shipping
- Experience within a Procurement Manager or stock control role
- Able to implement new processes and procedures to benefit business and streamline operations
Salary & Benefits:
- £35 – 45,000 per annum
- 5 hours per week (Normally 9.30am – 5.30pm with a half an hour lunch)
- Free parking on site
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £20 per month towards their products at wholesale prices
- Any and all expenses to be re-imbursed
- Excellent business growth and development, keeping your role diverse and exciting
This Stock Controller Job in Poole will suit candidates who are familiar with change management, process improvement and who aren’t afraid of a great challenge!
If you are interested in this Stock Controller role in Poole, please click on ‘Apply Now’.
Alternatively, please click here to see our other Jobs in Bournemouth, Dorset & Hampshire.
Job Search Tips:
Dovetail Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Agency in Bournemouth. Follow us to keep up to date with The South’s Job Market Report, Recruitment in Hampshire & Dorset + HR news, as well as our latest jobs, career tips + everything else related to your working world.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.