HR Assistant job in Poole
You’re looking for a role where you can concentrate on building your HR career. You’ve completed you CIPD Level 3 and you’re looking for something where you can be mentored, developed and surrounded by a good team to take the next step in your career. You’re confident, and have a genuine love for people. You’re also a little tech savvy, and enjoy managing systems and administration. You don’t want to be a small cog, you want to make a real impact in a business and be able to work with senior leaders and company directors to create positive change.
Dovetail Recruitment are looking after one of our long standing clients. They’re looking for a new HR Assistant to join them and assist with bringing in all aspects of HR under one roof. Not only will you be instrumental in the new HR systems, but you’ll also be part of developing employee engagement and ER. This business are looking for new ways to invest in their people, and future proof it with recruitment fairs, graduate programs, and study support.
What you’ll be doing as HR Assistant:
- Being the main point of contact for HR related issues, but you won’t be alone in resolving them. You’ll have the guidance of your HR Manager when you need it and the freedom to work through issues when you are comfortable doing so.
- Becoming an expert systems user of the HR system and automated recruitment system.
- Tracking and actioning the employee lifecycle, speaking to your 3rd party contacts.
- It goes without saying you’ll be maintaining the HR data and records in line with GDPR and legislation, but you’ll also be using data to analyse and report to the Head of HR and Directors
- Supporting the Head of HR on employee relations cases and taking notes
- Liaising with payroll, ensuring they have accurate data on time, making sure systems are linked and working as they should
- Updating HR Help Centre – maintaining resources & toolkits for managers.
- Supporting the Head of HR with strategic retention initiatives and employee engagement.
- CIPD Level 3
- 2 years of experience in a HR Administration role
- Experience working with an ATS or HRIS
What’s in it for you?
As HR Assistant, you will have personal mentored training, and real professional development. This company want to develop each employee including you. You’ll also have exposure to a wide range of HR work, but you’ll be supported the whole way.
Salary & Details:
- £28 – 30,000 per annum
- Hybrid working (details to be agreed with successful candidate).
- 25 days holiday (including Christmas closure) rising with years of service, plus bank holidays.
- 8% Pension with NowPensions – (3% Employer & 5% Employee).
- Free parking
- New offices with kitchen and break facilities
- Ongoing support, development and training in line with the needs of the person and the business.
- 1 paid day per year, to volunteer for local charity.
- Opportunity to get involved with events and initiatives to support local charities, e.g., Hope for Food and Lewis Manning.
Other discretionary benefits for the HR Assistant include:
- Annual financial contribution to wellbeing activity (after 1 year of service)
- Bi-monthly ‘attendance’ prize draws (after 1 year)
- Social committee with organised events and activities
- Annual subsidised company events
- Regular subsidised departmental nights out.
If you are interested in this HR Assistant job in Poole, please click ‘apply now’, or give us a call and ask for Laura. We will discuss your experience in more detail, give you more insight into the role and company and put forward an application on your behalf. When it comes to interviews, we will give you lots of guidance and support along the way. We’ve worked with this business for over 10 years, so there’s not much we don’t know!
If this HR Assistant job in Poole isn’t quite right, please click here to see our other Jobs in Bournemouth, Dorset & Hampshire.
Job Search Tips:
Dovetail Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Agency in Bournemouth. Follow us to keep up to date with The South’s Job Market Report, Recruitment in Hampshire & Dorset + HR news, as well as our latest jobs, career tips + everything else related to your working world.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.