Accounts Manager Job in Ringwood
We have the pleasure of working with a fabulous and luxurious client based in Ringwood. With the help of an Assistant, the new Accounts Manager will be responsible for maintaining comprehensive financial records using SAGE 50cloud Accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Accounts Manager:
- Oversee procedures for the purchase ledger ensuring all purchase invoices are authorised and checked against the stock system.
- Maintenance of sales ledger and checking banking sheets for errors
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Payroll for approximately 60 staff using BrightPay payroll software and reporting to HMRC.
- Administration of the company pension scheme
- Maintenance of prepayments schedule and fixed asset register
- Production and maintenance of P&L and cash flow forecasts
- Compile monthly management accounts and compare them with forecasts to identify variances
- Ensuring payments to suppliers and HMRC are made in a routine and timely manner
- Submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in controlling overheads and keep up to date with changes in legislation, VAT, payroll, Sage etc, any key changes which could potentially affect the company
- Any other administration as and when required by the Managing Director
- The company has previously been audited and may be again in the future, in which case, preparation for annual audit and liaison with Auditors during audit week and all administration required post audit may also be required
Minimum Skills Required for the Accounts Manager:
- AAT qualified, Part-Qualified CCAB or QBE
- Previous payroll experience
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Able to manage own workload as well as that of another
- Good attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
Salary and Benefits:
- A salary of £33,000 – £35,000 per annum
- Working Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Enhanced Holiday Scheme earning 1 holiday day extra per every 5 years of service, up to a maximum of 3 extra holiday days per year
- Learning and development
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
This Accounts Manager job in Ringwood would suit candidates who are able to compile monthly management accounts, who are highly organised and have excellent attention to detail.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.
Helping you to find your next accounts or finance role
At Dovetail Recruitment we have been recruiting locally for accounts and finance vacancies for many years. We have a deep understanding of the local market and we're committed to finding the right roles for all of our candidates.
If you are looking for a new accounts or financial job in Dorset or Hampshire, please get in touch. We are a boutique recruitment agency with a personal touch. We'll get to know you and will match you up with the right company and role. Suzanne & Laura look after our Accounts & Finance Recruitment from entry level right up to Finance Director & Finance Controller level. Example roles include: Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, Accounts Managers, Management Accountants, Credit Controllers, Accounts Assistants, Accounts Administrators, Bookkeepers.
View our current Accounts and Financial jobs, even if you don't see the perfect role for you, please get in touch. We are a proactive team, with our knowledge of the local market we'll help you find the job you are looking for.